Thursday, August 18, 2016

4 weeks


 This past Tuesday marked four weeks since the day of my surgery. I am happy to say that I feel like I am really turning the corner. I still have quite a bit of discomfort but I am managing my pain with over the counter meds and have only been taking the stronger stuff once or twice at most per day. Mornings seem to be the worst as I think after lying in bed all night my muscles protest loudly at being forced to do their jobs.

Lots of things have happened since I last posted 13 days ago. I am still wakeful at night but find that I am sleeping much longer stretches at a time. I get up and am able to bathe, dress and get around the house independently. I can be alone all day without needing anything from anyone unless I drop something. If I can't pick it up with my reacher than it lays on the ground till Ed gets home. He's come home to have some interesting collections of things lying around.

 I've had a few visitors that have brought flowers, lunch and books. I love the company as it gets pretty boring stuck in the house all day. I spend lots of time out here on the deck soaking up the sun and fresh air. As hot as everyone says it is outside, I am still running cold most of the time since surgery so it feels great to me.
 

In Family news we have had some big developments.
Kristina's best friends through her a early 30th birthday party
and on the morning of the party her boyfriend Clint proposed!! We are so excited to plan this wedding and gain such a great guy as our future son in law. 




The Very happy couple were all smiles all night.
 

 Family pic minus my son and his kids who had already left
 Kristina's bestie's since childhood. They live in Pennsylvania and New Jersey but still manage to see each other every few months.
 Curls for days with these two pretty girls.
And my favorite party pic was of Poppy and I in our matching orthotics. Hers is way cuter than mine. I really need to decorate this thing.

The other big family news is that Jed started Kindergarten this week. I absolutely don't know where the last 5 years have gone. Luckily he still likes to snuggle up to me and hasn't decided he's to old for that yet.
Jeds first day at Bowles. The same school my kids all went to.
 
He looks more than happy to go!!
 
These two had to go their separate ways this morning. They've never been apart in school before.


The morning of the party after I found out that they were engaged I knew I wanted to attempt getting back into my craft room.  It's hard and leaning forward is really rough on the upper muscles of my back. This cup as easy as it looks took quite some time but I was bound and determined to make this for her for her first week back to school.

I LOVE my Cricut!








So in addition to reading, binge watching Greys Anatomy on Netflix (I love the old episodes when Derrick and Meredith fell in love) I am trying to walk everyday on the treadmill. Get back into my craft room and slowly start working on some projects. One of the things I missed the most was crafting so it feels good to start getting some things made, like Jeds first day of school sign.


My incision is healing really well. The nurse in me HATES that I can not see it and inspect it everyday. HAHA I make my husband take pics for me so I can monitor the incision line. I am very hopeful that by next summer and swimsuit time it will be just a faint pink line.

I have complete and total amnesia when it comes to my stay in the hospital. It's truly the craziest thing that you can lose 9 whole days of time. I've been asking questions to my family such as did I eat anything, did I bathe, etc. I am met with reassurances that I was well taken care of but I don't remember any of it.......at all. I have been told there were some extra special nurses on the neuro unit that were really good with me and I hope to be able to take them something and thank them personally as soon as I am driving and able to get there. And I think I probably also need to apologize to them for being such a handful. Drugs and I are a horrible combination and I think that I spent the entire nine days either crying, vomiting or talking complete nonsense. I hope they didn't dread coming into my room day after day......

It's Tursday, one more day till the weekend everyone. Go out and do something really fun this weekend, have a drink for me and enjoy.-Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment